Scott Sumner has a good blog entry on two subjects:
1. Why Wilson was a rotten President and Harding was a good one.
2. How to have a 99% chance of seeming to be a financial genius like Keynes. The secret is to do double-or-nothing trades for long enough, and to have deep pockets. The 1% chance is that you lose everything, though.